Tuesday 14 February 2012

What an Idiot


Hey Passola Fans!
It has been a long, long time since I last posted... The truth is, I have been trying to find a way to tell you what I have done without making myself look too bad. It has taken me this long to realize that there is in fact no way of doing that. I am going to look bad anyway.

I did something no Passola owner should do; I did not put two-stroke oil into the tank! Before you go ahead and judge me, let me put my case foreword. 

The dude I bought my little red devil from said to me at the time that I should put some oil in the tank every now and then. This seemed simple enough for me, and that is what I did, until I got back from Oudtshoorn. I had left my oil reserves in Oudtshoorn, and did not have any with me in Prince Albert. So I simply kept filling her up without two-stroke oil. I assumed that she would be fine for a while. Little did I know that she would not be fine. 

The first time she broke down, I had just left town. I did not think much of it, and after a while, kicked her back to life. On my way back into town she broke down again. At this point I started getting worried. There was a acrid smell, and it took me a very long time to get her going the second time. I had just entered the town when she broke down a third and final time. I had to push her back home :(

Not to worry, I thought, there must be something small wrong with it that I will easily be able to fix. Now if you know a thing or two you would immediately know that no two-stroke oil means messed piston rings. I did not know this, so my friend Matthew and I proceeded to clean and fix everything, except for the rings. Every time we accomplished something, our hopes were broken down when the damn thing wouldn't start. 

Two weeks ago I decided that I had had enough, and I took it back to the Kobus, the able mechanic in Oudtshoorn, in order to have it fixed once and for all. I am hoping that it will be done by the end of the week. I have not rode on it since my last post, and I am dying to feel that familiar wind in my hair.

I hope you will not make the same mistake as me, because the heartache of not being able to ride it is almost unbearable. I know that I will never make a similar mistake again. I was an utter Idiot!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, seems like scooter gives that much amount of freedom that once you lose it you feel like in a cave or in prison. I don't really like doing mistakes consciously, but most of the time when it comes to transportation units I own, very often I don't know what I did wrong. It is good when you realize that you did a mistake, I very often like a blind cat just don't know why it is broken :)

    ReplyDelete